MODERATOR: Jess Eames, Conference Manager, WorkBoat Show, Diversified Communications
In the rapidly evolving landscape of hiring in 2023, traditional methods are being left behind as companies seek innovative approaches to build their teams. This session explores how businesses are moving away from the conventional Rolodex-style hiring, and instead are adopting new strategies such as leveraging social media for job postings, improving comfortability during sea operations as well as creating engaging content to showcase workplace values and culture. Additionally, maritime companies are focusing on enhanced training programs that offer attractive long-term career prospects to potential hires, rather than simply emphasizing immediate monetary incentives.
To retain skilled workers, maritime companies are showcasing their unique schedules that set them apart from other professions for those who are trying to escape the 9-5 rat race, as well as the promise of quick and substantial earnings. Moreover, companies are broadening their horizons, actively seeking diverse candidate pools, and reaching beyond their local boundaries to connect with job seekers from diverse backgrounds. This forward-thinking approach is paving the way for a dynamic, inclusive, and proficient workforce that is primed for success in the ever-changing job market of 2023.
Key topics to be explored:
· Comfort on boats: how has improved comfort during sea operations become a crucial factor in attracting and retaining talent within the industry?
· What types of engaging content is your company using to showcase your workplace culture, values, and employee experience?
· How are maritime companies highlighting their unique schedules in an attractive way?
· The significance of actively expanding the search for new candidates beyond your local boundaries to create a diverse and inclusive workforce.
· Focusing on the importance of offering training programs that provide long-term career prospects and growth opportunities.
There’s a whole new swarm of independent, productive, and inventive young minds that are looking for a sustainable career path and a rich industry that they can sink their teeth into. The maritime sector offers all of those pieces, the only hurdle is connecting with the next generation. Join a panel of experts as they discuss reinventive ways of attracting and retaining the new workforce.