The International WorkBoat Show is excited to co-locate with The Annual Submarine Symposium® in their 19th year. Below are details for submissions.
DEADLINE: October 10 , 2022
Themes planned for 2022:
1) New Vehicles & Technologies
2) Global Submersible Operations Updates
3) Advanced Underwater Engineering
4) Battery Systems
5) Governmental Regulatory updates
6) Classification Societies Updates
7) Unmanned “Crowded Seas” impact on Manned Undersea vessels
The main body of your abstract should be between 100 and 300 words. Please include a brief biography
for publication in your abstract submittal. You must provide a valid, working, e-mail. Deadline is
October 10, 2022.
As authors are accepted, they will be notified by email. Program Scheduling will begin as presentations
are approved and accepted.
(The term “papers” is used to include formal research papers, PowerPoint presentations, Case Studies,
Short Film with Presenter Narration, etc.)
Deadline for Final Papers/Presentations is November 12, 2022 Papers submitted after this date may not
be listed in the Symposium Program but can be added to the Workboat Show Mobile App.
1. Final selection of papers will be determined by the MUV Technical Program Committee. Papers will
be evaluated on the basis of the abstract submitted. The papers should be in English, completely
original, and address submarine and human occupied systems operation issues as outlined in the
symposium focus areas. Papers and presentations should avoid any commercialism and overt
2. The following criteria will be observed by the MUV Program Committee in the selection of papers:
a. The paper should be of interest for underwater operations applications.
2022 Annual Submarine Symposium – Call for Papers 3
b. The paper should emphasize innovative technologies including an analysis of research.
c. The paper should address case studies and/or technical interest for indicated topics.
3. Twenty-minutes are programmed to present a paper (presentation in English). A ten-minute
discussion will follow each presentation. If your presentation requires a different format, please
indicate such requirements at the time of submission.
4. Authors of papers selected for the MUV program will be notified by the Program Chair.
5. A manuscript or technical PowerPoint® presentation will be required for each paper selected.
Manuscripts should be provided to the Program Chair by email in Word® and PDF format. Copyright
of papers and presentations belongs to MUV Committee.
6. Maximum length of paper shall be 15 typewritten pages, including references. Bibliography tables
should not exceed 6 pages.
7. Full instructions on preparation of manuscripts and presentations will be sent to authors of selected
papers. Complete manuscripts must be provided. Slides, sketches, graphs or photographs to illustrate
the PowerPoint® presentation shall be provided in a PowerPoint document’