A Note from the Event Director:
As the year progresses we are seeing an increase of questions regarding our commitment to holding the event as well as what precautions will being taken.
At this time we are committed to holding an in-person event on the published dates of December 15-17, 2020. However, we are watching and monitoring data and feedback closely and are continually re-evaluating the situation. We expect no major changes or decisions about the show to occur during the summer, we are in what we consider a “watch and wait” period. I have outlined our current status on varying topics below.
- Reopening of Louisiana & New Orleans (Orleans Parish) – We are watching the reopening of LA and Orleans Parish very closely and the show will follow all state and city mandated guidelines for the event. With the rapid pace at which things are changing right now it is impossible to know exactly what will be in place in December.
- Tradeshow layout and format – As a company we are currently working on show layouts that enable social distancing. However, since no U.S. tradeshows have run yet in this unprecedented environment we have yet to settle on an exact solution for the WorkBoat Show. We are working with other show organizers, vendors and event associations to understand what the best practices will be. In our favor, there are other U.S. B2B trade events scheduled to run prior to our show, we will learn and adjust our plans based on the outcomes and feedback from these other events.
- Safety precautions – Again, it is slightly too early to tell exactly what will be in place by December. But we are committed to adhering to State, city and venue guidelines first and then will consider any additional precautions that need to be added. The safety and security of our customers is our number one priority.
- Attendance – We are working with customers to understand their needs and intentions for attending in 2020. So far the feedback has been positive with many customers wanting to see the show happen for this year. We are working closely with WorkBoat magazine to reach customers and understand what their business and personal needs are between now and then. With many new demands on the safety of their staff/crew and the impact on their businesses we have heard that the WorkBoat Show will be more important than ever to get together to exchange information. Although we are unable to commit to an exact attendance number we do promise to keep you informed as the promotional season is underway.
- Travel from out of the country – We understand the current difficulty traveling into the U.S. from varying countries as well as the restrictions for returning from the U.S. and are monitoring the situation closely. Please be aware this may effect international exhibits and attendance.
A Note from the Event Director:
With many things changing in the world right now we wanted to reach out and let you know that the International WorkBoat Show will be held as scheduled, December 15-17th 2020.
It’s a tough time out there right now. We hear it every day from our customers. We also hear they’re looking forward to when we can get beyond this crisis and bring everyone back together at the show in December and that’s most clear in the exhibitor commitment to the event.
In the meantime, we are prepared to fully support our network by harnessing the power of the WorkBoat multi-tiered media platform to share breaking industry and customer news. We are highly committed to our customer base and will do whatever we can to help between now and the show.
We also want to take this opportunity to assure our customers that the WorkBoat Show always has, and will continue to make the health of our visitors, exhibitors, partners and staff our absolute top priority as we continue to make preparations for the 2020 event.
Registration will open in August, 2020 and we have many exciting new developments to share with you including some fantastic additions to our WorkBoat Annual Conference and some great at-show features that we can’t wait to roll out.
As always, to stay up-to-date with the latest news and developments from the International WorkBoat Show please visit www.workboatshow.com.
For exhibiting information please email our Sales Director Chris Dimmerling at firstname.lastname@example.org
I truly can’t wait to see all of you in December.
International WorkBoat Show
The health and safety of our attendees and exhibitors is our primary concern. We, Diversified Communications, organizers of the International WorkBoat Show, are monitoring the situation regarding the Novel Coronavirus, both in the U.S. and internationally.
The current situation has not impacted attendee and exhibitor registration and we look forward to a successful event on December 15-17th at The Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana.
We encourage exhibitors and visitors to take preventive measures and review the links included below from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization:
https://www.cdc.gov/travel (U.S. CDC’s Travelers’ Health page)
Diversified Communications has been responding to public safety situations for many years and has an effective crisis management protocol in place. We have great confidence in our partnerships with the cities and local authorities where our events take place, and we will continue to update our customers on new developments. We look forward to a safe and successful event in New Orleans.